- Title Pages
- 1 The Battle Over Racial Identity in Popular and Legal Cultures, 1810–1860
- 2 Restitution Claims for Wrongful Enslavement and the Doctrine of the Master’s Good Faith
- 3 Emancipation from Whiteness
- 4 Whiteness in the Twenty-First Century
- 5 Charles W. Chesnutt, Whiteness, and the Problem of Citizenship
- 6 Making Whiteness in Reenactments of Slavery
- 7 About Schmidt’s Whiteness
- 8 Hegemonic Whiteness
- 9 Theorizing White Racial Trauma and its Remedies
- The Construction of Whiteness
- Stephen Middleton, David R. Roediger, Donald M. Shaffer
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.