- Title Pages
- American Made Music Series
- Chapter 1 In Defense of Wilbur Sweatman
- Chapter 2 Missouri Childhood
- Chapter 3 “Pickaninnies,” Ernest Hogan, and A World Tour
- Chapter 4 Circus and Minstrelsy
- Chapter 5 The Anchorage For The World’s Marvels
- Chapter 6 Chicago and An Entertainment Revolution
- Chapter 7 The Original and Much-Imitated Ragtime Clarinetist
- Chapter 8 Ev’rybody’s Crazy ’bout the Doggone Blues
- Chapter 9 Rainy Day Blues
- Chapter 10 The Ragtime Dinosaur
- Chapter 11 The Daddy of the Clarinet
- Chapter 12 The Silent Years
- Appendix 1 Listing of Known Compositions by Wilbur Sweatman
- Appendix 2 Forepaugh and Sells Brothers Circus Route, 1902
- Appendix 3 The Speeds and Pitches of Wilbur Sweatman’s Recordings
- Appendix 4 Quantities of Wilbur Sweatman’s Columbia Records Shipped to Dealers
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.