- Title Pages
- The Lake’s Own Folk Song
- The Lake’s Own Poem
- 1. Formation and Geology of the Pontchartrain Basin
- 2. Pre-European History
- 3. Initial European Exploration
- 4. European Colonization, Occupation, and Conflict
- 5. Louisiana Statehood
- 6. Civil War
- 7. Post-War Development
- 8. The Twentieth Century
- 9. Loss of Natural Habitats and Biodiversity
- 10. Water Quality Degradation
- 11. Environmental Recovery and Restoration
- 12. Physical Description
- 13. Water Chemistry
- 14. Biota of the Pontchartrain Basin
- 15. The Estuarine Communities
- 16. The Marsh Communities
- 17. Estuarine Food Webs
- 18. The Palustrine Communities
- 19. The Riverine and Lacustrine Communities
- 20. The Terrestrial Communities
- Postscript: Success?
- References Cited
- General Index
- Taxonomic Index
- The Lakes of Pontchartrain
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.