- Title Pages
- Prologue: “Cecil B. DeSpielberg”
- One “How wondrous are thy works”
- Two “Mazik”
- Three “Meshuggeneh”
- Four “A Wimp in a World of Jocks”
- Five “Big Spiel”
- Six “Hell on Earth”
- Seven “A Hell of a Big Break”
- Eight “This Tremendous Meatgrinder”
- Nine “The Steven Spielberg Business”
- Ten “A Primal Scream Movie”
- Eleven Watch the Skies
- Twelve “Rehab”
- Thirteen “Ecstasy and Grief”
- Fourteen “Adult Truths”
- Fifteen “An Awfully Big Adventure”
- Sixteen Mensch
- Seventeen Mogul and Director
- Eighteen Mainstream Independent
- Nineteen Light in the Darkness
- Twenty “400-Pound Gorilla”
- Notes on Sources
- Chapter Notes
- Filmography and ideography
- (p.359) Fourteen “Adult Truths”
- Steven Spielberg
- University Press of Mississippi
This chapter details Spielberg’s first meeting with actress Kate Capshaw; his founding of Amblin Entertainment with Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy in 1984; and the making of The Color Purple.
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.