- Title Pages
- The Day Johnny Cash Died
- Reduced to Rhyme: On Contemporary Doggerel
- The Sonnet Within the Song: Country Lyrics and the Shakespearean Sonnet Structure
- Rap Poetry 101
- It Don’t Mean a Thing: The Blues Mask of Modernism
- Gangsta Rap’s Heroic Substrata: A Survey of the Evidence
- At the Crossroads: The Intersection of Poetry and the Blues
- Country Music Lyrics: Is There Poetry in Those Twangy Rhymes?
- Similarities and Differences Between Song Lyrics and Poetry
- Words and Music: Three Stories
- The Triumph of Icarus: Sam Cooke and the Creative Spirit
- The Joe Blow Version
- A Nobel For Dylan?
- Lyric Impression, Muscle Memory, Emily, and the Jack of Hearts
- Don Khan and Truck‐Driving Wives: Dylan’s Fluctuating Lyrics
- Thoughts on “Me and Bobby Mcgee” And the Oral and Literary Traditions
- The Soup that Could Change the World
- Laughing in Tune: R.E.M. and The Post‐Confessional Lyric
- Sweetness Follows: Michael Stipe, John Keats, And the Consolations of Time
- Sweeping up the Jokers: Leonard Cohen’s “The Stranger Song”
- Facing the Music: The Poetics of Bruce Springsteen
- Coming Into Your Town: Okkervil River’s “Black”
- Still Holding at the Seams: Magnolia Electric Co.’s Josephine and the Contemporary Poetic Sequence
- Not to Oppose Evil: Johnny Cash’s Bad Luck Wind
- The Poetics of American Song Lyrics
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.