- Title Pages
- Introduction: The Manifesto That Made Massive Resistance
- 1. The Upheaval: Interposition and Moderation
- 2. The Racial Politics of the 1956 Elections
- 3. Who Wrote the Southern Manifesto?
- 4. The Declaration of Constitutional Principles
- 5. The Signatories
- 6. The Promulgation
- Conclusion: The Long Stride Toward Freedom<sup>1</sup>
- Appendix 1: The Southern Manifesto (Committee Draft)
- Appendix 2 The Southern Manifesto (Published Version)
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.