- Title Pages
- Chapter One The Development of the French Mentality and Identity in the Illinois Country
- Chapter Two Historical Developments and Influence on French Identity
- Chapter Three La Guiannée and Its Heritage
- Chapter Four The Season of La Guiannée
- Chapter Five Analytical Discussion of the Celebration
- Chapter Six Disguise and Mask
- Chapter Seven Traveling and the Neighborhood
- Chapter Eight Foodways
- Chapter Nine Theatrical Play
- Chapter Ten Heritage, History, and Continuity
- Chapter Eleven Modern Adaptations and Heritage
- Chapter Twelve Linguistic, Material, and Religious Symbols
- Appendix A Author’s English Translation of the Guiannée Song
- Appendix B Variants of the Guiannée Song*
- "Franco-American Identity, Community, and La Guiannée"
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.