- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Labor, the Southern Press, and the Civil War That Never Ended
- Chapter 2 Labor in the Old New South
- Chapter 3 The CIO and Operation Dixie
- Chapter 4 Labor, Civil Rights, and Memphis
- Chapter 5 Labor, Race, and the Mississippi Press
- Chapter 6 The Sunbelt South and Its Shadows
- Chapter 7 Southern Exposure
- Chapter 8 Pillowtex Says Goodnight
- Chapter 9 Wal-Mart Conquers the World
- Chapter 10 Charleston
- Chapter 11 Detroit South
- Chapter 12 Immigrants from a Deeper South
- Postscript My Hometown
- Covering for the Bosses
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.