- Title Pages
- “Stressed” Spelled Backwards Is “Desserts”: Self-Medicating Moods with Foods
- From Whim Whams to Spotted Dick: “Pudding, [England’s] Universal Dish”
- Even Presidents Need Comfort Food: Tradition, Food, and Politics at the Valois Cafeteria
- Going for Doughboys in Little Rhody: Class, Place, and Nostalgia
- Hungry for My Past: Kitchen Comfort with Fried Bread and Eggs
- Viili as a Finnish American Comfort Food: The Long and Short of it
- Comfort Food in Culinary Tourism: Negotiating “Home” as Exotic and Familiar
- “Newfie Steak”: Boloney as Tradition and Play in Newfoundland
- “I Know You Got Soul”: Traditionalizing a Contested Cuisine
- Comfort (and Discomfort) Food: Social Surrogacy and Embodied Memory in Real and Reel Life
- Haunted Tongues and Hollow Comforts: Examples of Culinary Conscience in Indonesian Fiction
- Comfort Food
- Michael Owen Jones, Lucy M. Long
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.