- Title Pages
- Chapter One Detlef Sierck in Europe
- Chapter Two American Beginnings
- Chapter Three In the Shadows
- Chapter Four The Uncomfortable Comedies
- Chapter Five Sirk and God
- Chapter Six Pastoral Yearnings
- Chapter Seven Hollywood, Rock Hudson, and the Idea of the Hero
- Chapter Eight Sirk, the Family Melodrama, and the Production Code
- Chapter Nine Sirk and John M. Stahl
- Chapter Ten Out of the Past
- Chapter Eleven Into the Future
- (p.3) Introduction
- The Films of Douglas Sirk
- University Press of Mississippi
An overview of Sirk’s methods and concerns and of the critical response to his work between the 1960s and the present day. Also includes details of his personal life in Germany and America and an account of my meetings with him.
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.