- Title Pages
- One Welcome to the Island: The Lewis Fishery in Context
- Two Fishing with Purpose: The Big Stories
- Three The Captains: Between Myth and Legend, Article and Anecdote
- Four “Were You There When … ?”: Microlegends
- Five “It’s Like I Said to So-and-So”: Everyday Storying
- Six Talking the Walk: Processional Storytelling
- Seven Who-All’s Coming Down to the Island: Belonging at the Lewis Fishery
- Eight “A Whole ’Nother Place”: Narrative Stewardship and Sense of Place
- Nine Fishing in the Mainstream: Anomie, Sustainability, and Narrative Stewardship<sup>1</sup>
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.