- Title Pages
- A Note Regarding Musical Transcriptions
- Chapter 1 Historical Connections and the Emergence of a National Symbol
- Chapter 2 Theme and Variations
- Chapter 3 Afrocentric Themes of Resistance
- Chapter 4 The “One Note Samba” Starts to Jam<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter 5 Creation Myths
- Chapter 6 Visual and Literary Images of the Berimbau
- Appendix: Musical Examples
- The Berimbau
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.