- Title Pages
- American Made Music Series
- Chapter One From the Coal Face to the Dance Floor:
- Chapter Two Validating Herbert Hall’s Contention
- Chapter Three Newspapers and Radio Bring the World of the Big Bands to Black West Virginia
- Chapter Four Local and Territory Bands in the Emerging Culture of Big Band Jazz and Dance Music in the Mountain State
- Chapter Five Big Band Jazz Comes to the Mountain State
- Chapter Six Comparative Prosperity Arrives
- Chapter Seven The Place of the Mountain State on the Road Traveled by the Big Bands
- Chapter Eight The Big Bands’ Audience in the Mountain State
- Chapter Nine The Dance Repertory Played in the Coal Fields
- Chapter Ten The Party Winds Down
- Works Cited
- Big Band Jazz in Black West Virginia, 1930-1942
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.