- Title Pages
- Chapter One Louisiana and Its Population: The Historical Background
- Chapter Two. Features of Early Louisiana Literature and the Cultural Milieu
- Chapter Three Père Rouquette and Other Early Francophone Poets
- Chapter Four Mercier and Other Novelists Born in the Early Nineteenth Century
- Chapter Five Mid-Nineteenth-Century Immigrant Francophone Authors
- Chapter Six Fiction and Drama by Mid-Nineteenth-Century Free People of Color
- Chapter Seven Poetry by Mid-Nineteenth-Century Free People of Color
- Chapter Eight Cable and Hearn
- Chapter Nine Late Francophone Figures: de la Houssaye, du Quesnay, Dessommes
- Chapter Ten Kate Chopin
- Chapter Eleven King, Stuart, and Others
- Chapter Twelve Some Twentieth-Century Louisiana Prose Writers
- Chapter Thirteen Louisiana Creole Poets of the Twentieth and Twenty-First Centuries
- Selected Bibliography
- Louisiana Creole Literature
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.