- Title Pages
- Chapter One Keeping Death at Bay
- Chapter Two Sitting up with the Sick and Dying
- Chapter Three Laying out the Body
- Chapter Four Sitting up with the Body
- Chapter Five Coffins and Caskets
- Chapter Six Notification, Transportation, and Farewell
- Chapter Seven Creating Graves and Graveyards
- Chapter Eight Marking the Graves
- Chapter Nine Funerals and Decoration Day
- Chapter Ten Childbirth, Children, and Death
- Chapter Eleven Disenfranchised Death
- Chapter Twelve Early Undertaking
- Gone to the Grave
- University Press of Mississippi
University Press of Mississippi requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.